Top 5 articles from TeacherAde:
I intended on their being more posts this month, however I have just started a new job and it has been taking up a good bit of my free time. Anyway, here is the best of the month:
- Using Mastery Connect on your Class Blog or Website was a tutorial on how to put the common core standards on your blog or website. The article also talks about using the tool and how it can be useful.
- In an attempt to appeal to the ideals behind education we looked at The Purpose of Education: Why we Teach.
- A recent article in Education Week sparked a response from TA on How to Work with a Substitute.
- The Lottery , a documentary on charter schools and the emotional toll parents and students go through putting their names into a lottery drawing.
- Seems as though everything is over complicated. Simplicity could help education achieve higher standards.
Best of the Rest
- 19 Bold (not old) Ideas for Change...Lisa Nielson's The Innovative Educator Blog
- IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE WATCH THE VIDEO
- How to Maintain Classroom Discipline 1947...Micheal Smith's Principals Page
- The Power of Personal Transformation: Change Yourself, Change the World...J.D. Roth's Get Rich Slowly (a long post but really good...as leaders teachers should learn something from this)