This post outlines the best articles that have been on TeacherAde, and it also includes other interesting articles that I have found on other blogs or other sites. Enjoy.
I can't believe that this year is already 2/3's over. It seems like a month ago I was making New Years Resolutions. Well...here we go with the best of August.
Top 5 articles from TeacherAde:
I intended on their being more posts this month, however I have just started a new job and it has been taking up a good bit of my free time. Anyway, here is the best of the month:
- Learn to Teach Learning - Learning is the gateway to discovery and understanding. We need to look at learning differently. It shouldn't be a test but rather a way of life or at the least a way of school life. However, we seem to be failing to teach students how to learn independently.
- Share Everything - Teachers try to hoard all of their resources. I think that is silly. Share everything and let others benefit from your tools. That's why this blog has been registered in the public domain. Click the link to read more.
- What is Pedagogy - Taking a look at the way we teach. By the way where did that word come from?
- Are You Sure About Homework? - An absolute necessity!...or maybe not.
- Gmail: A Better Way to Mail - Keeping in touch with parents can be a headache! But Gmail can make it easier...read to find out how.
Best of the Rest
- Another look at Homework...
- Current Events Resource
- Beahavior Management
- New Year's Resolution: Classroom Procedures, Not Rules by David Ginsburg
- Summer Time Blues
- Social Media (August is Connected Educators Month...I had to include this)